13 July 2011

So ... when do they think they can do things - you know - together?

I've had enough of the sibling rivalry thing. I remember when I was a kid not wanting to do much with my sibling when we were really young. You know, like staying at Grandma's house, or playing the board game? If my brother wanted to do it, then I wanted to do something else. Then, once he decided that he didn't want to do it, I was back wanting to do it.

But eventually, we started doing a lot of things together. I don't know when that was - but I can't wait for my children to get to that stage. Of course, I should be careful what I wish for, because I remember it going from not wanting to do anything with my sibling, to being ultra-competitive and getting into a lot of arguments during games we played on opposite teams.

Oh well. I guess I'll go back to letting the kids figure it out. Whether they want to do things together all the time or not, they do get along most of the time - and that's pretty cool - you know?